F: 6349 3667
Direct School Admission
2021 Direct School Admission Exercise (DSA)
The DSA-JC exercise aims to promote holistic education by giving participating JC/CI the flexibility in selecting secondary school students for admission to JC1 based on their achievements and talents while upholding key principles of transparency, fairness and meritocracy. It provides students with the opportunities to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to JC/CI.
Be part of the Tampines Meridian Experience! You could be an exceptional sportsperson who has represented the State or participated in competitions at the national level or you could be a performer with laudable talent, performance experience and competition achievements. Come and join us if you treasure enriching learning experiences, look forward to a well-rounded college life, and aspire to grow and contribute to the College.
The 2021 DSA-JC exercise at TMJC is open to students who wish to seek direct admission into JC1 in 2022. Graduating students from Singapore secondary schools can apply for DSA into TMJC during the application period. The application information will be provided by mid-May.
DSA Selection Criteria
To ensure the safety and well-being of our students and school personnel, the College will conduct selection using electronic mode and applicants need not visit TMJC in person. There will not be any face-to-face trials, auditions, or interviews. Arrangements will be made for shortlisted candidates to be interviewed via video conferencing.
Students will be shortlisted based on:
• Acceptable academic results
• Good conduct
• Good CCA records (National or National Juniors, Singapore Schools Teams or Clubs)
• School or club representation for selected sports
• Relevant experience in the performing arts
The following CCAs are open for DSA applications in TMJC.
If you are interested in applying to Tampines Meridian Junior College through DSA-JC exercise, you are required to complete the following:
1) All applications must be submitted online using the stipulated DSA application form.
2) A personal statement (not more than 500 words) is required for the applicants to state the reasons for applying to TMJC via DSA in the online application form.
3) Upload the following supporting documents to the DSA Online Application Portal.
· CCA records (all available records)
· VIA or CIP records (all available records)
· Sec 1 to 3 academic results (Mid-year & End-of-year Exams)
· Sec 4 Mid-year academic results
· NAPFA results – most recent certification
Incomplete applications (e.g. without a complete set of supporting documents, or insufficient information provided on the online application form) will not be accepted or considered.
JC DSA Application Timeline
Deadline for submission of online DSA application:
Phase 1: Before 5 pm, 16 Jul 2021*
Phase 2: Before 5 pm, 13 Aug 2021*
* Applicants are advised to submit their applications early and by the deadline for Phase 1 or Phase 2 as shown above, in order for the application to be duly considered.
Applicants not being offered a place in Phase 1 need not re-submit an application for Phase 2 as the application will be considered for both phases.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend an e-mode selection session by 27 August 2021.
General inquiries regarding DSA can be made via email to Mrs Rosalind Lim (Head of Admissions) at email@example.com.
You may click on this link to submit the DSA Online Application for admission to TMJC.